RSA conducts cost-benefit analysis for clients for the treatment of known accident locations. Appropriate crash countermeasures will be developed and costed to determine the expected accident reduction potential and the benefits that can be derived from the capital expenditure for the treatment works.
In order to assist road authorities in obtaining adequate funding for proposed roadworks RSA will undertake the following:
- Comparative accident analysis to determine the extent and type of accidents, and to develop suitable crash counter measures
- Cost treatment options review
- Conduct a cost benefits analysis
- Make submissions to government funding departments
- Submit investigation reports and cost benefits analysis to the next level of government to attract funding.